Expanding to New Geographies While Maintaining High-Quality Results
The Steppingstone Foundation: Expanding to New Geographies While Maintaining High-Quality Results
According to the Bridgespan Group (2004):
The Steppingstone Foundation has generated impressive results with students in the Boston area but has had a difficult time exporting its model to another city. Insufficient local fundraising, unclear leadership, and disappointing results plagued the pilot expansion. The organization has scaled back its plans for geographic expansion and is now working to saturate the Boston market and to stabilize its expansion site.
Click here to view the complete case study.
To complete this assignment, comprehensively answer the following questions in an essay format, utilizing additional research to increase your knowledge and understanding of the course concepts and using additional scholarly sources for citations within your paper:
- Analyze the potential collaborations that Steppingstone could have formed with Philadelphia’s local and state government agencies and personnel. In addition, discuss opportunities for federal partnerships
- In its efforts to focus on local saturation, Steppingstone is working to increase its support from corporate sources. What recommendations do you have related to the types of corporate support that can be solicited to accomplish this goal?
- Cite a minimum of four sources, including your course textbook.
- Submit your response in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document.
- Name your document SU_MPA6100_W1_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Reference sources using APA format on a separate page.
The Bridgespan Group. (2004). The Steppingstone Foundation: Expanding to
new geographies while maintaining high-quality results. Retrieved fromhttp://www.bridgespan.org/Publications-and-Tools/Youth-Development/Growth-of-Youth-Serving-Organizations/The-Steppingstone-Foundation- Expanding-to-new.aspx