Select an appropriate destination
Step 1: Select an appropriate destination
As your report is limited to 800 words, it is not necessary to address every attribute that might affect the destination’s image. Instead you should focus on those attributes which you feel have the greatest impact and on which you are able to identify some evidence to support your conclusions.
Step 2: Do some background reading
• To provide some theoretical background to your report, please read the following references which are provided as pdfs on the LMS site for this subject:
Assessment”, Journal of Travel Research, 31(4), 3-13.
Travel and Tourism Marketing, 28, 225-239.
Journal of Culture, Tourism and Hospitality Research, 1(1), 62-81.
• Incorporate aspects of these theories into your report to support your discussion. Find other sources to support your argument to provide you with a minimum of five (5) references in your reference list.
Step 3: Write your report and explain your conclusions. In your report Include the following aspects:
strengthen its image, and why.
The 800-word limit applies only to the main body of your text. It does not include the title, student name, references, or any supporting evidence provided in an Appendix.
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS FOR THE INDIVDIUAL DESTINATION IMAGE REPORT
(In addition to the information provided above)
Your Report should:
- – Demonstrate that you have referred to a range of academic literature (journal articles and books/book
chapters) as a means of providing the theoretical background for your discussion;
- – Be logically organised;
- – Have an attractive and professional layout;
- – Use headings, sections, bullet points, diagrams and tables to make reading easy and information
- – Contain only directly relevant information;
- – Use correct grammar, punctuation and spelling;
- – Provide references in the body of work;
- – Provide a minimum of five (5) references;
- – Provide more academic than non-academic references;
- – Prove the correct reference style in the Reference list;
- – Provide the correct reference style in the body of work; and,
- – Avoid using informal language.
- The report must be presented using an appropriate report style so refer to the university link below regarding academic writing: http://latrobe.libguides.com/writing/business-economics
- Include a Cover Page: which provides your Name, Subject Name, Subject Code, and your Tutor’s Name, your workshop Day and Time, as well as your Word Count (the Cover Page is not included in the Word Count).
- The report must be typed using 12-point Arial font and 1.5 spacing ONLY
- A Reference List should be included a minimum of five (5) sources (the Reference List is not included in the Word Count)
- The report should make reference to a minimum of five (5) sources as specified below:
- A minimum of 3 sources must be from academic texts or academic journals (please be careful when using online journals that you use academic journals rather than non-refereed on-line journals of dubious quality)
- Fewer sources can be from non-academic sources including the Internet. (Do not use Wikipedia). Reference can be made to newspapers, magazines, and television or radio reports. Newspapers can also be accessed via Factiva in the library database. All students can log-in to Factiva via the library databases which provides access to international, national and regional newspapers in Australia and overseas, magazines, trade journals and media (television and radio) transcripts, and company reports
Referencing Requirements – you must use the Harvard Referencing Style.
- For referencing information please consult the Harvard Referencing Guide available on the library website at: http://www.lib.latrobe.edu.au/referencing-tool/
- The report requires students to demonstrate that they have read widely on their chosen topic and sought to apply the relevant theory. Therefore, your completed report should contain a list of references, which provide the correct number and type of references indicated. References must be laid out in Harvard Style that is the appropriate academic style for this degree. References within the text must also be in this style (the key is consistency).
- Note: you are expected to read widely and document your sources in an appropriately styled (Harvard) reference list. References to ‘Wikipedia’ or to similar unsubstantiated sources will NOT be accepted.
- The library also has guides with important information for studying certain subject areas. These can be found at http://latrobe.libguides.com/
Submit the report online to the Turnitin site on LMS.