The Christian Life
Write a 10–15-page theological, exegetical research paper on 1 of the following topics in Romans:
- The Christian Life: According to Romans 8, the Spirit is integral to our sanctification. What does Paul teach about the relationship between the indwelling Spirit and Christian obedience (or sanctification)? Consider Paul’s teaching regarding the two regimes, the offering of our bodies to God, and the transformation of the believer (Rom 6, 7, and 12). In consideration of Paul’s teaching in Romans about the living the Christian life, include the following sections using appropriate subheadings according to Turabian:
- Definition – how is the term sanctification defined by scholars? What is your own definition based on your research?
- Basis – what is sanctification based or grounded on, that is, what is necessary to have happened or to be true in order for sanctification to be possible?
- Means – How does one obtain sanctification? What is the means by which one is sanctified?
- Time factors – Is sanctification an instantaneous act or a gradual process?
- Results/fruits – Once one is sanctified/begins the process of sanctification, what benefits or results follow?
- Assurance – How can one be assured of sanctification? How can one have assurance that he or she is sanctified/being sanctified?
Only the words in bold (above) should appear as the subheadings. Be sure to thoroughly analyze what the apostle Paul teaches in his letter to the Romans about the subheadings and questions listed above. This paper must be based on theological and exegetical research.