Adolescent development:Describe the developmental period of adolescence, including the sub-periods of early adolescence, middle adolescence, and emerging adulthood.
- The purpose of this assignment is to research and outline major theories, principles, issues, and applications regarding adolescent development and learning that will guide parents and families in the development milestones of their children.
- Write a 750-1,000 word newsletter for your current or future students’ parents and families.
- Your goal is to inform and prepare parents about major developmental milestones, theories, and concepts facing adolescents, including how parents can be actively involved in their child’s development.
- The newsletter should outline the following:
- Describe the developmental period of adolescence, including the sub-periods of early adolescence, middle adolescence, and emerging adulthood. Provide specific examples of typical school-related behavior found within each sub-period.
- Provide an overview of the key theories related to adolescence, including the biological, psychoanalytical, cognitive, and social learning views of adolescence. Acknowledge key theorists and their major contributions.
- Outline and define the roles of nature/nurture, continuity/discontinuity, and early/late experience and their effect on adolescent development and classroom learning.