- The practicum experience allows you to develop and expand your advanced nursing knowledge and skills at the aggregate, organizational, or policy level.You should prepare a set of measurable learning objectives, using Bloom’s Taxonomy (See attached file).
- Your practicum objectives should reflect your interest in expanding knowledge. They are not to include activities related to your DNP project.
- These objectives will be identified during your mentoring course (NURS 8700P, 8700, 8701).
- Practice experiences should be designed achieve specific learning objectives related to the DNP Essentials and specialty competencies (AACN, 2006).
- Your practicum objectives should include the following:
- Three learning objectives using Bloom’s Taxonomy.
- Description of how these objectives will expand your advanced nursing knowledge and skills at the aggregate, organizational, or policy level.
- Relationship of the learning objectives to the DNP Essentials.