Constitutional Amendments:The Tenth Amendment
- The Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution states: “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved respectively, or to the people.
- ” Since education is not mentioned in the Constitution, it is one of those powers reserved to the states.”
- While education is not mentioned in the Constitution, it has certainly produced a lot of federal litigation.
- Education is mentioned–or maybe “implied” would be a better word–in the First Amendment, the Fourth Amendment, and the Fourteenth Amendment.
- Please read about those amendments in the links below.
- Submit a one- to two-page Summary Paper summarizing those amendments as they apply to education.