Identified a public health department or organization and created an outline for a change management plan.
Public health department
In this assignment, you will create a change management plan for a specific public health organization.In Module 1, you identified a public health department or organization and created an outline for a change management plan. In this module, you will:
- Gather information about this organization through a fact-finding mission;
- Conduct an interview; and
- Prepare a PowerPoint presentation.
Part 1: Research
Provide organizational information by visiting its website or the organization in person. Areas you should gather information about include:
- Type of facility status [Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), Rural Health Clinic (RHC), or Community Health Clinic (CHC)]
- Organizational mission/goals/objectives
- Geographic area served
- Financial condition/statistics, including utilization of grant funds
- Patient demographics
- Public health services offered
- Size/mix of staff
- Status of accreditation (if any)
- Description of physical facilities
Part 2: Interview
Follow up your initial research with an interview of a key manager who works at your chosen public health organization. Provide a more detailed picture of internal operations.
Part 3: Presentation
Your presentation should include the following two components:
- Analyze information about the organization to inform the change implementation plan.
- Make recommendations based on the analysis of information.