The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
This essay should be a 750- 1000 word essay focusing on the poetry we have read.
1. This essay will be the first in which you will use some sources. While it should primarily use passages from the poem to discuss as evidence, it should also reference 1-2 scholarly sources.
2. The essay should be in MLA essay format
3. The essay must have an MLA format works cited list that cites all sources used.
4. Avoid any and all summary sites within your essay.
5. Use literary present and third person in your essay, as discussed in lesson two.
Assignment: Analyze one poem from the assigned readings using one of the following critical approaches (NOT reader response or biographical criticism) we discussed in the Week four forum, using one to two secondary sources to help support your argument. This source must be peer-reviewed and scholarly. Make sure that the essay has a strong thesis related to the approach–do not argue that “this poem is best analyzed with this approach.” Again, the allowed critical approach choices are: