Presentation of the Proposal and Reflections
Assignment 3: Presentation of the Proposal and Reflections
Assume that your supervisor has appointed you to lead a committee tasked with providing a research-based proposal for integrating emerging technologies into an educational need for your organization (i.e., K12, higher education, corporate or military training). You will develop the plan in stages, which will culminate in a final project that is due in Week 10. Keep in mind that the proposal must be focused on education or training with an emphasis on new technologies. You will need to include a sample outline of how these technologies will be applied in your institution.
Part A: Presentation
Provide a slide presentation in which you:
Present the final project you proposed by using a presentation software tool of your choosing except PowerPoint, with at least fifteen (15) main topics/points in your presentation.
- Include a title slide/screen and references section. (These two slides/screens are not part of the 15 main topics/points requirement.)
- Provide coherent, clear, organized, and substantive content that can be easily understood by the audience.
- Provide audio narration of the presentation as if you were delivering the speech. (If you do not have access to a microphone, then provide detailed speaker notes with your presentation.)
- Provide a link to the two (2) productivity / technology tool(s) you chose to demonstrate the application of the tool into a lesson or training.
- Provide a brief demonstration or explanation of how these tools will be utilized by your organization. (For example, if you are using a form of social media explain how your organization might use that technology to keep students or faculty informed about events, changes, closings, etc.)
- Include one point outlining the cost(s) of the technologies and what your organization would need to support them (i.e. additional servers, training for faculty, etc.).
- In addition to the presentation, create an infographic*, or flowchart to summarize your presentation. This should be something that can be displayed where members of your organization can get an overview of the new technologies being implemented.
- Provide at least five (5) peer-reviewed references, published in the last three (3) years.
(*If you have never created an infographic, you can find free templates here: http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/free-ppt-infographic-templates-designs-ht)
Part B: Reflection
Provide your personal reflection, highlighting what you learned from researching these technologies and developing the project. Discuss your personal observations of the tools and its applicability in an actual work or school setting. (Approximately two  paragraphs.)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Follow APA for formatting guidelines. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover slide and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine different types of technological resources for educational purposes.
- Evaluate how technology can change the content and methods of education.
- Analyze how technology can support the learning of diverse students.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in integrating technology into education.
- Write clearly and concisely about integrating technology into education using proper writing mechanics.