The foundation for the ethics and principles of an educational leader is his/her character
Discussion Board Instructions
For the topic, submit an answer in response to the provided prompt. Your answer must contain 300 words. The answer must adhere to current APA writing guidelines format. Since this is a personal discussion, you are allowed to use first-person perspective; however, you must maintain professional decorum in all your posts.
The foundation for the ethics and principles of an educational leader is his/her character. In Chapter 6, Blackaby & Blackaby contrast illegitimate and legitimate sources of influence.
- Do you agree with their conclusions?
In Chapter 7, they discuss how leaders lead and how they move people forward.
- Reflect on and discuss your own impetus of leadership, whether you are leading as a classroom teacher or as an administrator.
- Why do people follow you?
- What are your perceived character strengths (that you want to share)?
- What are your perceived weaknesses (that you want to share)?
- What are the areas that are the most difficult to strengthen?
- What does a leader need to do to legitimately influence people to follow him/her?
- Also, after reading Proverbs 7–8, discuss what you have learned about wisdom as it applies to your position as an educational leader.
Let God be True is a helpful resource for the Proverbs-related forums.
Blackaby, H., & Blackaby, R. (2011). Spiritual leadership (Rev. ed.). Nashville, TN: Broadman & Holman Pub.