Describe the role of Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance (ESHI). Include a discussion on the impact of ESHI on the uninsured population in the U.S. and any relevant statistics.
Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance (ESHI)
Describe the role of Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance (ESHI). Include a discussion on the impact of ESHI on the uninsured population in the U.S. and any relevant statistics. Discuss any barriers to ESHI, including access health services.
Discuss the role of ESHI after healthcare reform. Provide details on how employers changed their approach to HC insurance offerings after ACA implementation. What compensatory/coping mechanisms/programs were introduced to offset the health care access barriers? You may also discuss any current policy news that may facilitate or increase access to ESHI.
In two paragraphs, describe any public program that serves as a source to finance the U.S. healthcare system. Describe the specific policy and the program that occurred as a result of the policy and the intended target
Consider your readings on the challenges, debates and successes of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) of 2010. Using figure 3 (located in week 1 resources) “How a bill becomes a law,” and this weeks’ scholarly readings, select any area within this diagram to describe any issue(s) that may have occurred during or after the process of the PPACA transforming from a bill to an actual law. For example, you can
● How did “the people” influence the passage of this healthcare bill? (What
● Describe a specific state legislature that supported or opposed the bill? (Offer
● Describe the “Committee” in the legislative body who was responsible for
● Describe one debate or amendment to the ACA bill prior to its adoption into
● Were there any issues with the budgets associated with the ACA
● Were there any public hearings during the Committee sessions? If so, provide