Develop a system vision document for Especially for You Jewelers, detailing the overall vision or plan for the new direct sales and accounting system
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Suggest at least five (5) expected business benefits that Especially for You Jewelers company might derive from a new system. Provide a rationale for your suggestions.
- Propose at least five (5) system capabilities for the company. Provide a rationale for your proposals.
- Ascertain the three (3) possible scenarios in this new direct sales and accounting system.
- Using Microsoft Visio or an open source alternative such as Dia, develop an activity diagram for each scenario that you have identified. Note: The graphically depicted solution may not exceed one (1) page per diagram. Provide a narrative that gives an overview of your diagram.
- Using Microsoft Visio or an open source alternative such as Dia, complete a fully-developed use case description for each scenario identified. Note: The graphically depicted solution may not exceed one (1) page per diagram.
- Develop a system vision document for Especially for You Jewelers, detailing the overall vision or plan for the new direct sales and accounting system. A vision document generally contains:
- Business needs / requirements
- Product / solution overview
- Major features
- Scope and limitations
- Other needs
- Use at least three (3) quality resources outside of the suggested resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze techniques for requirements determination, collection, and organization.
- Summarize effective communication techniques with various organizational stakeholders to collect information using a variety of techniques and to convey proposed solution characteristics to them.
- Analyze and present methods to initiate, specify, and prioritize information systems projects and determine various aspects of feasibility of these projects.
- Develop a solution to proposed business problem using structured systems analysis and design methods.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in advanced systems analysis and design.
- Write clearly and concisely about advanced systems analysis and design using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.