The Fed Is Bedeviled by Keynes’s Paradox
Read the articles:
If this link does not work, your instructor can provide a pdf. file with this article.
1) The Fed Is Bedeviled by Keynes’s Paradox by Danielle DiMartino Boot, March 30, 2017
2) The Paradox of Thrift by Charles Sizemore, October 26, 2016
3) “Wait, Is Saving Good or Bad? The Paradox of Thrift” by E. Katarina Vermann
4) The paradox of thrift — for real by Paul Krugman
5) Interest Rates, Aggregate Demand, and the Paradox of Thrift
In your initial response to the topic you have to answer all questions.
1. What is the paradox of thrift? Is it real? Is Saving Good or Bad?
2. Give an example of the paradox pf thrift.
3. What is the reverse paradox of thrift?
4. Reflection – the students also should include a paragraph in the initial response in their own words reflecting on specifically what they learned from the assignment and how they think they could apply what they learned in the workplace.