Explain the components of the Information Literacy Framework
For this assignment, please review two brief “You Tube” videos, a TED video and review the American Library Association’s presentation of the standards for “information literacy” and “framework for information literacy”, read an article about information literacy and an article about digital literacy, then submit an essay addressing the questions presented.
- Please use the following references to complete the assignment
- Introductory Paragraph (Introduction)
- Explain the components of the Information Literacy Framework, then compare and contrast the information literacy standards and framework. How does the “framework” relate to the standards?
- Did the videos provide you with any new and/or additional information about information literacy?
- Main Paragraphs (Analysis)
- What are your thoughts regarding the IL framework? Discuss the reason it was proposed and why it replaced the Information Literacy Standards.
- Where you aware of the IL standards? Where you aware of the components of Information Literacy? What are your thoughts about the IL standards, are they comprehensive?
- What is the IL framework? How does the framework compare to the standards? Why was the framework proposed?
- After reviewing the resources presented, how would you explain digital literacy?
- Discuss the changing perceptions of information and digital literacy as shown in the Spiranec, et.al and Van Laar, et.al articles.
- Information literacy and digital literacy might be taught in libraries and classrooms. In your opinion, are most people “information literate” and or “digital literate”? If you believe that most people are information literate, in your opinion, is there more that needs to be done? If you do not believe that most people are information/digital literate, what are your suggestions for fostering information literacy in a changing information environment.
- In your opinion, why might information and digital literacy be important for everyone?
- In your opinion, will your knowledge and understanding of information and digital literacy be important for you in your future work? Explain.
- Discuss the ways in which knowledge and understanding of information and digital literacy will be important for you in your future work?
- Concluding Paragraph (Conclusion)
- Summarize what you have learned, observed and/or concluded through your analysis of information and digital literacy.
- Reference Page (References)