Analyze how legislation mandates the need for policy.
In a short paper (2-3 pages), please address each of the topics below with a 2-3 paragraph narrative for each section.
1. Course Content: Describe the most important aspects of this course for you with respect to the content that was covered or activities in which you participated. Discuss the relevance and value or the practicum assignment with respect to your knowledge acquisition.
2. Application of Course Content: Describe how you applied what you learned in this course at your workplace. Discuss how this course may have impacted your specific job, techniques you used at work, or other relevant aspects that show how what you learned was linked to your job.
3. Job Experience Integration: Describe how your work experiences were used in the classroom and attributed to your performance in the course. Discuss how integrating your work experiences in class activities assisted in understanding topics discussed within the course.
In this course, students will gain an understanding of the economic, historical, political, and social context of the health care system. Of particular focus are the political roles of the executive, judicial, and legislative branches of government at both the national and state levels. Students will learn how to work within the healthcare system to achieve positive outcomes for their institutions and patients.
At the conclusion of this course students will be able to:
- To analyze how legislation mandates the need for policy.
- To identify policy requirements within a given environment
- To develop a policy statement that meets the identified needs
- To formulate an implementation strategy for health care policy
- To appraise political roles in the context of health care