Identify the elements or qualities of an effective expert witness within either a computer forensics or incident response investigation..
The Discussion Board is part of the core of online learning. The purpose of the Discussion Board is to allow you to learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content and the Discussion Board question. Classroom discussion in an online environment requires your active participation with classmates and your instructor to create robust interaction and dialogue. Students are highly encouraged to engage on the Discussion Board early and often, as that is the primary way the university tracks class attendance and participation. Because it is not possible to engage in two-way dialogue after a conversation has ended, no posts to the DB will be accepted after the end of each unit.
At a minimum, you will be expected to complete 3 posts during the unit: 1 original response to the Discussion Board question and 2 posts responding to classmates, following these guidelines:
Your original post must be at least 200 words in length. It must reference the text or course learning materials at least once. Please note that even if the question asks for an opinion, you are still expected to support opinions with references to course materials and any other credible academic sources to support your opinions. Do not use Internet sources other than those provided in the course materials. APA format is not necessary for your Discussion Board when citing references, but you are required to acknowledge your resources: In the narrative, describe where information was obtained. For example, “As mentioned in Chapter 2 of the course textbook, prioritizing tasks is…”
Your two response posts must be at least 75 words in length. Responses should contribute to the conversation by being reflective, specific, and engaging. Quick responses (such as “I agree” or “Thank you!”) will not be counted as adequate.
Your first contribution must be posted before midnight CST (Central time) on Friday of each week. You must make 2 additional posts—on separate days between Saturday and Tuesday—before midnight CST. The original response and the peer responses can be completed in any order.
For assistance in supporting your assignment, please use your text and all course materials.
After you have reviewed the Assignment Details below, click the Discussion Board link under the My Work heading above to make your post.
Describe the qualities of an effective expert witness.
- Identify the elements or qualities of an effective expert witness within either a computer forensics or incident response investigation.
- Provide 3 guidelines that you recommend for effective oral communication while under direct examination or cross-examination.
- Explain your reasoning for providing the 3 guidelines you offer.
- What are several ethical conduct considerations forensics experts must adhere to when conducting investigations?
Respond to 2 of your fellow classmates with a reply of at least 100 words. Use the following questions as a guide:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?