Nasal Bacteria Can Pump Out a Potential New Antibiotic That Kills MRSA
Please follow the instruction to complete the work, answer the questions below.
Read the Scientific American article “Nasal Bacteria Can Pump Out a Potential New Antibiotic That Kills MRSA” and answer the following questions.
*Note* The article is also linked under this week’s module.
Antibiotic Resistance Reading – Nasal Bacteria can Kill MRSA – <link is hidden> the document
1) What did this study find?
2) How did they conduct the experiment?
3) What is the name of the bacterial species that can kill MRSA? What is the mechanism?
4) What is the significance of having that species in one’s nose?
5) What is the more general takeaway from this article?
6) Name three ways individuals can help combat antibiotic resistance other than by taking fewer courses of antibiotics.