Case Management Insider: The full scope of case manager and social workers roles, functions, models, and caseloads
Review the website below to learn more about role of Social Workers in Case Management.
What do you think? In (100 words)
2. Role of the Social Worker in Health Care Case Management
Review the video below to learn more about the role of Social Workers in Health Care Settings.
What is your view? (80 words)
3. Case Management in a Psychiatric Setting: My Personal Experience
From 2003 to 2005, I worked as a Psychiatric Social Worker in a state hospital in Michigan; caring for patients who were involuntarily hospitalized and suffered from a plethora of comorbid mental health disorders (e.g., bipolar-depression, schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorders, Dementia-bipolar, Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity, Incompetent to Stand Trial, geriatric mentally ill patients, etc.). Of the identified population, the most challenging were the geriatric-mentally ill patients. The challenge was not their condition but discharge planning for these patients, as it related to aftercare (e.g., hospice care, nursing homes, etc.). The more complicated their conditions, the more challenging it was to coordinate care for the patients. So, my role as a Psychiatric Social Worker was primarily discharge planning and coordinating aftercare services for patients. I learned in order to be an effective case manager, you must fully understand patient needs and learn how to effectively navigate and advocate for resources within the community.
What do you think? ( 100 words )
4. Review the website below and state your opinion in at least 80 words.
5. A social worker has many roles when working as a case manager. A case manager is responsible for assessments, establishing resources, goal setting and managment, and the coordination of various resources. A case manager is responsible for helping clients determine their needs and help them set goals to accomplish. It is important for the client to fully understand how important it is for them to remain involved in the helping process. The client needs to be willing to help identify needs, set goals, and seek resources that are suggested. There is a saying “you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make them drink”, this is the same concept with clients. If they are not willing to put in the work there is no possibility of success.
What can you add to this post? (75 words)
6. Here are a number of duties required of a social worker who is working in the case management field. One very serious task a social worker must do is to build a rapport with their client. The client needs to feel safe and comfortable talking with the social worker and needs to be able to trust them. Another task the social worker must fulfill is completing goals with the client to work towards to have a better life. These goals stem from discussions about the issues and struggles the client is dealing with and what they think will help them feel better. It is important to have the input of the client when creating these goals. Our textbook states that the client has the final
decision. It is important for the client to understand their part in the process so that they can truly understand the process. If the client is just being told what to do and doesn’t have a clear understanding of what they need to be working on then they are likely to fail.
Elaborate of one duty that is trivial of a social worker who is working in the case management field. 9 80 words)
For full answers to the above questions, place your Order Now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level professionals
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers