How does the organization motivate its employees?
This assignment will help you prepare for the next module’s assignment about Workforce 2020. Workforce 2020 refers to the type of workforce leaders are likely to encounter in 2020. The concept refers to the workforce that will emerge from trends such as increased globalization and diversity, more extensive use of technology, and the use of non-traditional staff such as more contractors and other “just-in-time” assets.For this assignment, you will need to consider trends in leadership and organizational structure, for example, the move toward a more participative leadership style and a more networked organizational structure.Identify an organization of your choice. This could be your current employer. It could even be a hypothetical organization or that of one of your peers. Be sure you have access to information about the organization and about the industry the organization is in. We would suggest choosing an organization and industry that are changing so that you can explore strategies for change management.Research on that organization, and then respond to the following:
- Describe the organization you have chosen. Please include the name and a short description of the organization’s products or services.
- How does the organization motivate its employees? Describe any programs or methods they use to motivate workers. If the organization does not have any employee motivational strategies, suggest some strategies that you think will be effective.
- Describe the current state of the organization’s workforce dynamic. Is its workforce growing? Is it changing? How is it changing and why?
- What are some of the workforce trends that this organization needs to address? What similar organizations can be used as a benchmark?
- What are some of the industry trends that are affecting the organization overall? Is the industry growing, or declining?