Identifying the Variables
Step One: Deliverables: One MS Word that must include an APA-formatted cover sheet. Step One – Part A: Identifying the Variables Review Chapter 17, Healthcare Data Analytics in the Oachs textbook for definitions of variables. Also refer to the following links:
- Hypothesis is something, an opinion or prediction, that can either be supported or refuted through a scientific inquiry. For example, the age has significant effect on a person’s weight or has no effect; increasing the insulin levels decreases the blood sugar or has no effect.
- H0: Variable A is independent of Variable B
- H1: Variable A is dependent of variable B
- H0: = value
- H1: ≠ value (or) H1: > value (or) H1: < value
- Null (H0): There is no statistically significant relationship between variable A and variable B.
- Alternative (H1): There is a statistically significant relationship between variable A and variable B.