“Psycho” is a classic suspense film directed by Alfred Hitchcock which features a central female protagonist, a seemingly ordinary young woman named Marion Crane, who crosses paths with a dangerous….
Write a 750-1,000-word paper outlining the importance of empathy, probing, and summarizing in the counseling process. Include the following in your paper:
- The role of empathy in the counseling relationship
- Techniques for establishing empathy with a client. Provide at least one example to illustrate these techniques.
- The role of probing and summarizing in the counseling relationship
- How the counselor knows that his/her responses effectively address the client’s message. Provide at least one example to illustrate your response.
- Verbal and nonverbal cues indicating that the counselor is not effectively connecting with the client