Alexander the Great
Students will write an 8-12 Research paper over three different perspectives on a particular historical event. This research paper is designed to help students better understand and analyze the relationship of perspectives with the assistance of a scholarly book, a Hollywood film, and your individual research. The paper is designed for students to analyze Hollywood’s view of History, with author’s view of History and then a complete research of the topic by the student.
Some things you need to know: You must follow the Writing Checklist (handout) which is on Blackboard. You should also follow the due dates on the syllabus because you will have to submit a topic for approval. Then we will select the movie and also the book you are required to use. You will then have to submit a rough draft for me to review, and then your final paper. The Paper must be written in Microsoft Word. Remember if I cannot open it the paper will be a zero.
Your paper will follow this format:
- An Introduction of the Topic, book, and movie.
- An overview of why you picked the topic and the other sources that you used.
- What was the book’s perspective on the topic? Be specific with lots of details
- What was the movie’s perspective on the topic?
- Was the movie accurate? Did the movie exclude any race, ethnicity, grow, etc.? Were there any stereotypes? Use specific examples!!!! Your general opinions on the movie….
- Conclude with your research on the topic.
- Final thoughts on your entire research and your conclusions
You must have at least 3 sources besides the book and the movie. Your paper should be 8-12 pages long. Since you have footnotes you do not need a Works cited page. If you do include one it is not part of the page limits. You do not need a title page because it will be turned in on Blackboard.