Defining Healthcare Settings and Integrated Delivery System.
Unit 1 Assignment: Defining Healthcare Settings and Integrated Delivery System.
Unit Outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
* Recognize legal and regulatory issues in healthcare
* Understand the basic uses of financial information in decision making.
* Identify the role of finance in health care organizations
Describe the current financial environment in healthcare and its influence on decision making.
We discussed an integrated delivery system and how it consists of a number of different types of healthcare organizations, such as hospitals, clinics, and nursing homes, owned and operated as a single entity. Although integrated delivery systems offer the opportunity to coordinate all aspects of patient care under a single “umbrella,” their complexity makes the overall management process much more difficult than in smaller organizations that focus on one type of service.
Utilizing the textbook Chapters 1 and 2 from Gapenski, L. C. (2012). Healthcare finance: An introduction to accounting and financial management. Chicago, Ill:
a. Briefly describe the following healthcare settings:
· Ambulatory care
· Home health care
· Long-term care
· Integrated delivery systems
b. What benefits are attributed to integrated delivery systems?
c. What are the challenges/drawbacks to implementing integrated delivery systems?
* Responses to the questions should be written in a clear, detailed manner and observe the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
* Follow APA formatting for the title and reference page, as well as APA formatting within the paper itself (Times New Roman 12-point font and properly double spaced).
* The minimum page limit is 3 pages or 1000 words.
* Information should be summarized in your own words with appropriate APA formatting and citation style of in-text citations in the body of the text to acknowledge the source(s) of information.
* Include at least one reference. The course textbook may count towards the reference requirement for this Assignment. All references will follow APA format.
* Follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, etc.).
* Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.