Incident Command System
Incident Command System (75 words)
· What is the Incident Command System (ICS)?
· Why was the Incident Command System developed?
· Who uses it?
· Has it been successful?
US Role in Disaster Response (75 words)
· The United States consistently takes a lead role in international disaster response. Do you believe we should continue to do so? Why or why not.
· Identify some of the American resources often allocated to international disaster response and recovery.
· Support your responses with specific sources and examples
Terrorism and US Emergency Management (75 words)
· How has terrorism influenced emergency and crisis management in the United States? Support your response with specific sources and examples
Disaster Medicine and Hazard Mitigation (75 words)
· What was your biggest lesson learned after reading this week’s article “Disaster Medicine in the 21st Century”, (see attached PDF) and how did it assist you with your Hazard Mitigation Exercise?
· Research an article, video, or website that is directly tied to Emergency Management but was not discussed in this course, explain why you chose the reference, and provide the information to the class for their future study.
Six-Day War (2 paragraphs –no formatting required)
After watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wo2TLlMhiw, determine the causes and outcomes of the Israeli victory in the Six-Day War.
How does that outcome affect the chance for peace in the Middle East today?
One Man’s Terrorist is Another Man’s Freedom Fighter (2 paragraphs-no formatting required)
Watch this CNN video on the creation and history of Hezbollah.
After viewing it, would you say the term “One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter” applies to Hezbollah? Why or why not?
Part 1: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2d2ay_inside-hezbollah-1-of-2_people Part 2: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2d2lw_inside-hezbollah-2-of-2_people
Homegrown Jihadists? (2 paragraphs-no formatting required)
Watch this YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG_xNVhEhvw on the recent shootings in San Bernardino, CA. Is/was this an example of homegrown jihadists?
Fusion Centers (2 paragraphs-no formatting required)
Watch this YouTube video Fusion Centers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ5czSzzYdo Afterwards, post your thoughts on what a Fusion Center is and what do they do. Since their inception after 9/11, do you think they have been an effective solution to the improvement of information sharing within the law enforcement community? Why or why not?