Student Growth Assessments (SGA) and Virginia Standards of Learning (SOL)
Reading the following link about the relationship between Student Growth Assessments (SGA) and Virginia Standards of Learning (SOL):
Provide responses to 2 classmates answers to the following questions:(6-8 sentences)
- Do you think performance on the SGA is the direct cause of performance on the SOL?
- Do you think SOL performance is causing a change in SGA performance?
- Do you think performance on the SGA is contributing but not the sole cause of performance on the SOL?
- What confounding variables could be responsible for the observed relationship between SGA and SOL?
- Could performance on both SGA and SOLs result from a common cause?
- Since both SGA and SOL performances change over time, what does that say about their relationship?
- Could the association between SGA and SOL be nothing more than coincidence?
NOTE: Classmates answers are attached.
Due in 2 hours