William Shakespeare’s Othello, the Moor of Venice as a tragedy
Write a 1,500-word (approximately 5 pages) paper that addresses 1 of the plays from the Drama Unit. At least 6 citations, including the primary source and at least 5 secondary, scholarly sources, are required for this assignment.
* Organize your ideas by developing a 1-page thesis statement and outline, and compile sources used. Format the thesis/outline, draft, and works cited/references/bibliography using current MLA.
* The final paper must include a title page, thesis statement, and outline, followed by the research paper, and your correctly documented sources page.
Choose 1 of the prompts below to address in your paper:
1. Write an essay explaining how Sophocles’ Oedipus exemplifies or refutes Aristotle’s definition of a tragic hero.
2. Discuss William Shakespeare’s Othello, the Moor of Venice as a tragedy. As defined by Aristotle, is it correct to label Othello a “tragic hero” and to classify the play as an Aristotelian tragedy?
3. Discuss the author’s perception of death and the treatment of death in Everyman.
Finding Scholarly Sources
For your papers, you are only permitted to use academic sources. Resources such as 123Essays, Spark Notes, Cliff Notes, and Masterplots (or similar resources) are not scholarly and will not be permitted in your papers.