North American Transport
- Create a plan to deploy technology solutions in alignment with strategic business needs.
North American Transport (NAT) is a fast growing long-haul trucking company that specializes in the delivery of fresh foods to many of the leading fresh-food retail chains across the United States. NAT is based out of Kansas City, Kansas and employees 75 drivers, loaders, mechanics, communications technicians, business developers and managers. NAT’s business plan includes 20% growth per year or 225 employees within 5 years. NAT is also planning on adding additional Fleet Resource Centers in California and Virginia. Fleet Resource Centers are NAT owned service facilities used to maintain the fleet of trucks, vans, trailers, refrigeration etc. Fleet Resource Centers also offer growth and will require resources.
Business Goals for the MIS Architecture:
- An architecture that is flexible and scalable; Company growth is projected to be 20% per year
- An architecture that can rapidly deploy/employ new systems and technology; Agile system development
- An architecture that meets the demands of evolving business processes; Information Technology cannot “hold up” any business process, IT must be adaptable
- An architecture that is easily understood and easy to manage; Minimize IT department footprint. Take advantage of cloud services
- An architecture that is secure; Deploy state-of-the-art security software/hardware