governmental quality management troubleshooter who has been brought in as a consultant by a local governmental agency
You are a governmental quality management troubleshooter who has been brought in as a consultant by a local governmental agency. The agency is applying the principles of quality management in an attempt to improve every aspect of the agency’s performance.
The agency’s top directors have done everything right as far as they can tell. They have a solid strategic plan, employees are involved and empowered, executive-level commitment is in place, and there is unity of purpose from top to bottom. Unfortunately, the situation is not improving; therefore, you were brought in to resolve the issue. You believe you have discovered the problem: agency employees have plenty of positive intentions, but very little know-how. Training is needed throughout the agency.
Evaluate specific concerns, using the following scenario:
- Explain how you will communicate the findings of your assessment of the agency’s training deficiencies.
- Determine the types of training that are needed.
- Explain how this training should be provided in order to promote a culture of quality through team building and collaboration.
- Identify obstacles you believe will emerge during the new training sessions, and then explain how these obstacles can be overcome.
- Predict how you will make improvements during training and upon completion of these training sessions.
Support your paper with a minimum of four scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 5 pages, not including title and reference pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Mandatory Scholarly Resources Attached in Zip Folder.