The aim of this assignment is to build and evaluate a voice-based speaker diarization system. Youwill be utilizing the tools and knowledge discussed in class as well as researching other….
Stress and Adjustment Issues
Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. One of the references must come from Flamez, B. & Sheperis, C. J. (2015) and/or Sommers-Flanagan, J., & Sommers-Flanagan, R. (2007). You need to have scholarly support for any claim of fact or recommendation regarding treatment. APA format also requires headings. Use the prompt each week to guide your heading titles and organize the content of your initial post under the appropriate headings. Remember to use scholarly research from peer-reviewed articles that is current. I have also attached my discussion rubric so you can see how to make full points. Please follow the instructions to get full credit for the discussion. I need this completed by 12/26/18 at 8pm.
Discussion – Week 5
Stress and Adjustment Issues
Children, adolescents, and families are exposed to a wide range of stresses such as divorce, the loss of a loved one, changing schools, or military deployments. Although stress is considered an external force or trigger, children and adolescents often put stress on themselves through unhealthy or maladaptive thoughts and behaviors. Often times these stresses are diagnosed as adjustment disorders. Think about Tanya from this week’s introduction and how she may struggle adjusting to her new face and how the reactions of the children in the ice cream store continued to manifest or perpetuate her adjustment issue.
For this Discussion, select a child or adolescent stress or adjustment issue. Consider how this stress or adjustment issue manifests itself and what factors may influence its manifestation.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 a brief description of the child or adolescent stress or adjustment issue you selected. Then, explain one way culture, gender, or social factors might influence the manifestation of the stress or adjustment issue and how. Finally, explain which factor or manifestation of the adjustment issue may be the most difficult for you to address and why. Be specific and use examples.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
Bottom of Form
Please read and view (where applicable) the following Learning Resources before you complete this week’s assignments.
· Flamez, B. & Sheperis, C. J. (2015). Diagnosing and treating children and adolescents: A guide for clinical and school settings. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Chapter 12 “Trauma-and Stressor-Related Disorders”
· Keller, P. S., Cummings, E. M., Peterson, K. M., & Davies, P. T. (2009). Marital conflict in the context of parental depressive symptoms: Implications for the development of children’s adjustment problems . Social Development, 18(3), 536–555.
Retrieved from Walden Library databases.
© 2009 by BLACKWELL PUBLISHING. Reprinted by permission of BLACKWELL PUBLISHING via the Copyright Clearance Center.
· DSM-5 BridgeDocument: Trauma, Stress, and Adjustment
· Miller, L. D., Short, C., Garland, E. J., & Clark, S. (2010). The ABCs of CBT (cognitive behavior therapy): Evidence-based approaches to child anxiety in public school settings. Journal of Counseling & Development, 88(4), 432–439.
Retrieved from the Walden Library using the Academic Search Complete database.
· Cook, E. C., Chaplin, T. M., Sinha, R., Tebes, J. K., & Mayes, L. C. (2012). The stress response and adolescents’ adjustment: The impact of child maltreatment. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 41(8), 1067–1077.
· Rew, L., Principe, C., & Hannah, D. (2012). Changes in stress and coping during late childhood and preadolescence. Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing, 25(3), 130–140.