analyze civil liberties and the role of the U.S. Supreme Court in upholding them
This assignment is designed to help you analyze civil liberties and the role of the U.S. Supreme Court in upholding them.
Visit the American Civil Liberties Union Supreme Court Cases website to see civil liberties cases that the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled on, organized by term.
Select one of the cases on civil liberties that interests you. Provide an analysis that addresses the following:
- The civil liberty that is addressed in the case, including the text of the amendment from the Bill of Rights
- An explanation of the Supreme Court’s involvement, including the following:
- The importance of the ruling (why it is significant)
- How the case moved through the lower courts to eventually be heard by the Supreme Court
- The powers granted to the Supreme Court by the constitution that allowed them to rule on the case
Format your assignment as one of the following:
- 18- to 20-slide presentation with detailed speaker notes
- 15- to 20-minute oral presentation
- 875-word paper
- Another format approved by your instructor
Include citations for all unoriginal ideas, facts, or definitions in an APA-formatted reference list.
Submit your assignment.