characteristic of an organization is interrelated and interdependent to make the whole organization function
1. What characteristic of an organization is interrelated and interdependent to make the whole organization function?
2. Darren has realized that the best way to find out what is going on in the office is to hang out in the copy room. This is an example of what type of network?
3. Jo, a low-level employee, is e-mailing an organizational vice-president about an idea she has for the organization. This is a form of what type of communication?
4. Darla walks in on her coworker, Troy, who is crying. Darla asks Troy what is wrong, to which he responds, “Nothing!” This is an example of which of the functions of nonverbal messages?
5. An individual’s position in a group or organization is referred to as an individual’s _________.
6. An individual’s predisposition towards work, motivation to work, job satisfaction, and ways of dealing with peers, subordinates, and supervisors on the job are referred to as her or his what?
a. organizational outlook
b. organizational goals
c. organizational orientation
d. organizational personality
7. Alondra is very disgruntled with the status quo within her organization and despises the hierarchy within the organization. What organizational orientation does Alondra have?
a. upwardly mobile
d. goal centered
e. achievement orientation
8. Fatima and Hamid work within the same division in a large corporation. The two quickly became friends because they are both Iranian. Which type of homophily explains how this occurs?
9. Which form of homophily is created when two people are not honest about who they are and what their attitudes, beliefs, and values are?
10. Which orientation to management believes that it is possible to integrate the goals of the organization with the goals of the individual?
a. human relations
11. Chris’ management communication style tends to consist of a high concern for task and a high concern for people. Which leadership style does he possess?
12. Diallo has a lot of faith in his employees, but he still makes most of the major decisions himself. What kind of manager would he be, according to Likert’s PDM Theory?
a. exploitive authoritative
b. benevolent authoritative
13. Abu encourages his subordinates to communicate with him and with their peers and tries to make communication very interactive. What management communication style does Abu have?
14. Which of the following is not a ramification of too much or too little status in an organization?
a. it inhibits communication
b. solidarity is not developed
c. it interferes with work
d. it causes resentment and conflict
e. it causes communication underload