This assignment helps you develop the skills to master the following course competencies:
- Apply the theories, models, and practices of finance to the financial management of the firm.
- Assess the impact of ethical, regulatory, and tax considerations on financial policy decisions.
- Evaluate alternative methods of financing a firm in diverse economic environments.
- Integrate financial analyses into general business management planning and decision making.
- Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions.
For this assignment, you will complete the Financial Analysis component of your course project, and then combine all parts of your project and submit it to your instructor.
Part 1: Financial Evaluation
To complete this assignment, use the Financial Analysis Toolkit Excel file, you have been working in previously.
Complete a thorough financial analysis of your chosen company using the two most recent years’ 10-K and annual reports. Write a 4–6 page paper addressing the following elements:
- Evaluate the impact of international trade on the company’s financial statements.
- Evaluate the current decisions made within the company that have regulatory and tax implications.
- Evaluate the current corporate governance and ethical responsibilities in your company.
- Evaluate alternative methods of financing used in your company.
- Provide an overall evaluation of the financial outlook for the company, and make recommendations for stakeholders:
- Consider the various perspectives from different stakeholders: If you were considering investing in this company, would you buy shares?
- If you were considering acquiring this company, what is your decision regarding this company? Why?
- If you were the CEO, how would you use this information to make tactical and operational decisions?
- If you were a banker, would you lend money to this company? Why or why not?
A thorough, professional presentation of your analysis and results is an important consideration. In your analysis, incorporate creativity, critical thinking, and real-life perspectives. Copy the raw financial data of your selected company into an Excel sheet (with labels). Then, calculate the financial ratios and other metrics using built-in Excel functions. Do not type the answers. This Excel sheet must be submitted along with your report. Cite all resource materials used in your analysis, using proper APA format.
Enhance your presentation skills by using applicable tools such as tables, graphs, diagrams, and commentary as appropriate. You may copy and paste relevant portions of the Excel spreadsheets you competed earlier in the course into your paper.
Part 2: Putting It All Together
Now combine all elements of your course project using the outline provided below as a guide. Refer to the Financial Analysis and Evaluation course project description as needed to ensure you are including all parts of the project. Be sure to integrate all of the work you completed in Units 1–5.
Your final deliverable should include all of the following elements:
- Title Page.
- Overview of the Company.
- Financial Analysis:
- Annual Reports/10-K.
- Competitive Standing.
- Financial Analysis (Horizontal, Vertical, Ratio).
- International Trade and Risks.
- Evaluation and Recommendations for Stakeholders,
- Written communication: Paper should exhibit proficiency in writing and critical thinking as expected of a business professional, and be free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- APA formatting: Citations and references must be formatted using APA (current edition) style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Minimum of 5 references, of which 3 should be academic journals and no more than 2 should be textbooks.
- Length: 10-12 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Refer to the scoring guide for this assignment to see how you will be evaluated. When finished, submit your completed document for grading and instructor feedback.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. Within the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.