There are challenges to agenda building that if not dealt with carefully and skillfully can adversely affect an issue or a proposal that you are trying to place in front of a decision maker. On the other hand, no matter how expertly you build an agenda for your issue or proposal, some issues are going to simply be avoided or not selected for consideration. Why is this so?
In this Small Group Discussion, you explore challenges surrounding policy agendas and the reasons why some proposals never make it to the decision maker.
Post your responses to the following questions presented for Small Group Discussion:
- Many social issues do not receive the necessary attention from decision makers. Why might these issues be cast aside?
- Some issues lack sufficient support to ensure that they are added to decision-makers’ agendas. Why might this be?
- Some issues receive significant attention from decision makers. Why might these issues easily find their way onto decision makers’ agendas?
Please include at least 2 reference and at least 2 in text citations.
Be sure to support your post with specific references to this week’s resources. If you are using additional articles, be sure to provide full APA-formatted citations for your references.
Discussion2: Week 5 Blog
Refer to the topics covered in this week’s resources and incorporate them into your blog. Topic covered is Policy Context Program. Below is an example:
Policy Context Program Transcript: Ana is a graduate of a master’s in social work (MSW) program. She has been hired to review social work cases and facilitate the distribution of welfare services to a low-income neighborhood. As she begins to review her cases, she notices that some of the clients under review do not meet certain requirements of the social welfare policy. Intrigued, she wonders who decides the requirements of social welfare policy and how, as a social worker, she must understand and apply those policies to her clients. Understanding the context of social work policy entails the examination of societal beliefs about people, consideration of their problems, and potential solutions for addressing those problems. This week, you explore the policy context and how it introduces challenges for the practice of social work.
Post a blog post that includes:
- An explanation of the policy context in your field education experience. The policy context in my field education experience is the Indiana Department of Child Services. I am doing my field education experience with a contractor company that provides services to the Indiana Department of Child Services.
- Please include at least 2 reference and at least 2 in text citations.