Business PCs vs. Consumer PCs – What’s the Difference?
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapter 2 in the textbook, read the Business PCs vs. Consumer PCs – What’s the Difference? (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. article, and review any relevant information in this week’s lecture. Review the instructions below and research at least one additional credible source on this topic.
- The personal computer (PC) gives us the perfect example of how computer hardware and software work together to form a computer system. All personal computers are comprised of the same basic components in order to operate; however, the components and their various attributes make a significant difference in both the usefulness of the personal computer and how the machine is utilized.
Evaluate your current personal computer and distinguish among its hardware components, operating systems, programs, and applications. Describe the components you would use to build your idea of a perfect personal computer. Compare your existing personal computer to your ideal version, and explain why the configuration of your ideal personal computer is better than your current one. Include specific information about why you have added or removed components in your ideal version. In addition to the text, use the source you researched to support your answers.
A minimum of 300 words.
Prior to beginning work on this interactive assignment, read Chapter 3 in the textbook, the Introduction to Computer Network TopologyLinks to an external site. article, view the IT networks (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.video, and review any relevant information in this week’s lecture
For this interactive assignment, you will take on the role of an IT Manager tasked with designing a network topology for a small travel business consisting of the owner and five employees. The business rents a small space on the 10th floor of an office building. There are three travel agents on staff, and the owner is looking to hire three more people, for a total of eight employees. The agents travel and will need wireless access. All employees have a computer; however, there is no network to connect them so they cannot share files or print to a common printer. The staff is spending too much time on inefficient processes that impact productivity and efficiency.
In a separate document, create a high-level diagram that depicts the network topology you would select for this scenario. Attach your diagram document to the initial post. Within your initial post analyze the current setup and explain the role a network would play in increasing productivity and efficiency. Identify your chosen topology and explain why and/or how your solution will address the need(s) of the business. Compare your topology to another topology you considered, and explain why the one you selected is the best solution.
Support your statements with evidence from your required sources.
At least 300 words in length.
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 2, 3, and 4 in the textbook, view the IT Networks (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. video, and review any relevant information in this week’s lecture.
As part of your IT Proposal final assignment in Week Six, you will create a high-level diagram of the major elements that are required for implementing your proposed information system solution. This assignment will prepare you for that part of the IT Proposal. Review the instructions provided in the Week Six IT Proposal to begin thinking about how your proposal will address this topic.
- In this assignment, you will analyze the IT building blocks of IBM. You will distinguish among the hardware and software, telecommunications and networking, and data resources used to support the business. In addition to your required sources for the assignment, research a minimum of one additional credible source on IBM’s IT infrastructure. (Access the MISM Credible Resource Guide (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for assistance with finding appropriate credible professional resources.) It may be difficult to find specific information on an organization’s IT infrastructure. However, you can make assumptions based on your own observations, your understanding of the Week Two course concepts, and your research. Include the following elements in your paper supporting your statements with evidence from your sources.
- Create an assessment of the IT building blocks for IBM.
- Develop a high-level diagram of the major building blocks used by the organization.
- Provide an analysis of how the major building blocks are being used.
- Explain how each building block is essential to the business.
- Evaluate the issues inherent to IBM’s current IT operations, and provide a possible alternative.
The IT Building Blocks paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages (600-900 words) in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two credible sources, including the required sources for the assignment.
- Access the MISM Credible Resource Guide (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for assistance with finding appropriate credible professional resources. You may also see the Library’s Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for additional information.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style