Major world religious traditions
Write a 4 -page analysis of key features of two of the major world religious traditions.
This assessment allows you to demonstrate your ability to summarize, contrast, and evaluate historical and contemporary elements of world religions.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Describe the historical
development of the humanities from the pre-historic era to the present.
- Describe the historical origins of selected religious traditions.
- Explain how selected religious traditions continue to influence contemporary life.
- Competency 2: Examine the forms of
expression that instantiate the arts and humanities.
- Assess the role of ritual in expressing religious traditions.
- Competency 3: Integrate the
humanities with everyday life.
- Explain the transformative role of religious values in personal and professional life.
- Competency 4: Communicate effectively
in forms appropriate to the humanities.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
Religious traditions are a significant part of any study of the humanities. The Assessment 2 Context document provides a brief overview of some of the major world religious traditions. You may wish to review this document for key concepts and ideas related to this topic.
Select two of the major world religious traditions. Summarize the key features of each and contrast them with each other and with the Greek philosophical tradition. Write a report in which you consider the following:
- What sensations, feelings, thoughts, and behaviors are expressed in religious rituals?
- How have religious traditions survived from their historical origins to the present day?
- What social and cultural differences make it difficult for people from distinct traditions to relate to each other productively?
- What power do these approaches have to transform individual lives?
Your report may well include reflection on the role of religious traditions in your own life, but develop your analysis of the issues independently of your own convictions.
- Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your paper should be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Length: 4 typed and double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.