Modernist Literature And Comparing Advertisements For Visual Sensory Response
For your initial post, select and answer at least two of the following questions below. You may use more than two questions if you wish.
- How do you define modernist literature and how does it relate to one of the readings this week?
- How do you define dystopian fiction and how does it relate to one of the readings this week?
- How do you relate our society to the dystopian author’s view of what would come of the 21st century?
- Dystopian and modernist authors often portrayed a bleak future for humanity. Do you think these concerns are relevant today? Why or Why not?
Your initial post should name the specific work(s) and use quotes or lines from the week’s readings. Be sure to acknowledge the source.
Image courtesy of: http://www.findly.com/customers/our-work-hodes/
Image courtesy of: Disney/Pixar, Inside Out!
In your discussion post, analyze the following visual elements in the advertisements shown above:
- Identify the target audiences for each of the advertising images above.
- Compare and contrast how each of these advertisement images uses color to strategically attract a specific target audience (Ex: orange may be a more appropriate color choice for younger audiences but not necessarily for business audiences).
- Compare and contrast how the lines are strategically used to guide the viewer’s eyes to a specific element in the advertising image.
- Consider if the two advertisements traded how they used colors and lines. Would it attract their targeted audiences in the same way or as effectively?
- How could you use color and line strategically in your life or career applications?
*Remember— Analysis requires that you substantiate your ideas with quotes from academic sources and experts in the field. Analysis without substantiated evidence is opinion. Use your etextbook, another academic article or source, or a career or real-life example to support your analysis points in your initial discussion post to demonstrate your full comprehension of the topics.
Be sure to respond to At least one peer post. Response(s) should involve more than just repeating or acknowledging another student’s points; responses should foster further discussion by exploring new lines of information, perspectives, and questions. Lastly, responses should not contain mechanical or grammatical errors.