Event Audit For Event Management
Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is to audit or review an event from the perspective of an event planner. You should observe all aspects of the event, no longer only as an attendee, but now as if you are going to be running this specific event in the future.
Document what was successful at this event, as well as what needs improvement. In addition, creatively brainstorm what “other” added amenities might enhance the experience of the attendee.
- You will need to attend an event during this term. ( Which is the 2019 drop ball during new year at Times Square)
- Please use the following outline in creating your evaluation.
- Cover page must include the following information:
- You full name
- Due date of paper
- Event Location
- Event Title
- Event Date
- You MUST follow the section number and sub-section letter format exactly as outlined below or points will be deducted.
- Points may be deducted for spelling, punctuation and grammar errors.
- Select an event: (For the drop ball you can search online like “2019 drop ball at time square…”
- Event Title
- Cost of the Event
- Detailed description of the event.
- Facility Management
- How well is the facility managed? Is there evidence of ushers, security, and event staff?
- Are the entrances and exits well marked?
- Does the venue fit the purpose of the event?
- Does there seem to be accommodations for ADA?
- Sensory Audit
- How well does the sound system support, reinforce or expand the purpose of the event?
- Are there visual cues such as signs or key design elements?
- Does the choice of food/snacks match the event?
- Are there any odors that enhance or detract from the event?
- What are the elements of touch present at the event?
- What is the entertainment at the event?
- Does the entertainment match the purpose of the event? If so, how?
- What is the theme of the event?
- Do the decorations and/or event design convey the theme of the event?
- Are there any sponsors evident?
- Event Review
a. What went well at the event and/or what would you improve?
7. Get Creative!
a. How would you enhance the event?
b. What added amenities would you add as the Event Manager?
See the rubric and follow the detail for each one!!!
|Event Audit Rubric||Points||Points Earned|
|Select an Event Location Event title Date Cost of Event Detailed Description||20|
|Facility Management How well was facility managed? Are the entrances well marked? Is their security present? ADA Accommodations||10|
|Sensory Audit Sound system Visual cues Food & Beverage Odors Elements of touch||10|
|Entertainment Type of Entertainment Good match for event Explain||10|
|Theme What is the theme of the event? Does design convey theme? Explain||10|
|Review the Event What went well? What needs improvement? Sensory Audit||25|
|Sub Total Points||100|