Laws That Drive Policies, Procedures, And Practices
HR laws—federal, state, and local—drive HR policies, procedures, and practices. This assignment will focus on HR laws. The legal environment greatly influences HR practice.
Using the Argosy University online library resources and applicable government Web sites, conduct research in HR laws that drive HR policies, procedures, and practices.
Then, respond to the following:
- What are some HR laws that organizations can use to develop and implement policies, procedures, and practices?
- Name and describe at least three laws that would drive policies, procedures, and practices.
By the due date assigned, post your initial response to the Discussion Area below. Continue to get to know your fellow classmates and contribute to our discussion of HR laws.
Through the end of the module, comment on at least two of your peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Grading Criteria Maximum Points Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions 16 Quality of responses to classmates 12 Frequency of responses to classmates 4 Reference to supporting readings and other materials 4 Language and grammar 4 Total: 40