you will undertake an analysis based on a self-designed fictitious study that utilizes statistical methodologies
For this assignment, you will undertake an
analysis based on a self-designed fictitious study that utilizes statistical
methodologies. You will first develop a fictitious problem to examine – it can
be anything. For example, maybe you want to look at whether scores on a
standardized college placement test (like the SAT) are related to the level of
income a person makes 10 years after college; Or, whether those who participate
in a Leadership Training program rated as better managers compared to those who
do not; Or, whether ones political affiliation is related to gender. These are
just a few examples; be creative and think about what piques your interest. You
might also address a problem that you may want to look at in future research
for a dissertation.
Your analysis report should include the following components:
- Describe your research study.
- State a hypothesis.
- List and explain the variables you would collect in this study. There must be a minimum of three variables and two must meet the assumptions for a correlational analysis.
- Create a fictitious data set that you will analyze. The data should have a minimum of 30 cases, but not more than 50 cases.
- Conduct a descriptive data analysis that
includes the following:
- a measure of central tendency
- a measure of dispersion
- at least one graph
- Briefly interpret the descriptive data analysis.
- Conduct the appropriate statistical test that will answer your hypothesis. It must be a statistical test covered in this course such as regression analysis, single t-test, independent t-test, cross-tabulations, Chi-square, or One-Way ANOVA. Explain your justification for using the test based on the type of data and the level of measurement that the data lends to for the statistical analysis.
- Report and interpret your findings. Use APA style and include a statement about whether you reject or fail to reject the null hypothesis.
- Copy and paste your data output and place it in an appendix.
Remember, the goal of this project is to show what you have learned in the course. Therefore, this project becomes a cumulative learning project where you can demonstrate what you have learned through all the previous assignments, readings and video presentations that you have watched.
Length: 12-15 pages not including title and
References: Minimum of 5 scholarly resources.
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your paper should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Upload your document and click the Submit to Dropbox button.