Cross Cultural Management
MGT201 Cross Cultural Management – Assessment 2 – Written Report Task
- Your task is based upon comparing and contrasting the
culture in two different countries.
- The purpose of this assignment is to provide an opportunity to utilize your skills and knowledge to research cultural differences between countries. The assignment is based upon comparing and contrasting the culture in two different countries.
- Research your reading list and the wider literature for information on cultural dimensions, leadership styles,
communications, decision making, managing teams and value systems of
these national backgrounds
Explain in your presentation what may affect negotiations between business people from those nations. Investigate issues such as historic or recent socio-political events can influence cross-cultural relationships. You may have to read widely on the countries that you discuss. All sources MUST be referenced using HARVARD referencing style. Evidence of academic research that supports your analysis. Include at least 10 academic references from relevant academic and peer-reviewed journal articles, news articles and periodicals as well as from the Internet, Travel books, Government embassies, Chamber of Commerce.
Choose which issues are relevant to your chosen pair of
countries and what your presentation should focus on. It is recommended that
you create scenarios and give examples for the influences that you discuss.
Prepare your presentation slides to be submitted before Group Presentation
The hypothetical negotiation teams are from:
- Poland and Taiwan
- Argentina and South Africa
- Saudi Arabia and Thailand
- Mongolia and Iraq
- Nigeria and Bangladesh