Identify a public health concern that contributes to health risks or disease
Public Service Announcement
Identify a public health concern that contributes to health risks or disease. As a governmental official, prepare a public service announcement (PSA) in the form of a two-page brochure to educate the public on this concern. Remember to address the following:
- A brief explanation of the concern, including a definition;
- How the concern impacts public health, with current statistics;
- What citizens can do to protect themselves;
- How your agency can address the concern, including measures and surveillance;
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – with specific items; and
- Whom to contact for additional details (e.g., WHO, Ministry of Health), including an address and phone number.
Your brochure should meet the following structural requirements:
- Two-page brochure that includes all elements detailed above.
- Conforms to APA writing standards; be sure to cite any statistics or other information, as appropriate.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of five scholarly articles. Two of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but two must be external.