Ultrasound guided IV placement in the Pediatric Emergency Department
Assessment One – 6105
For this assessment, you will create a 5–7-page high-level teaching plan in which you do the following:
- Select a topic for a course that you would like to teach in an educational environment. Briefly describe your course and the environment that you will utilize for teaching. Also describe the intended audience for your course.
- Topic: Ultrasound guided IV placement in the Pediatric Emergency Department
- Educational Environment: Emergency Services Hospital Clinical Nurse Educator
- Intended audience: Emergency Department Registered Nurses with a minimum of two years’ experience in an Emergency Department.
- Select an educational theory that you could use to guide the development of your course. Describe the key points of the theory you selected and explain why you think this theory fits the topic, audience, and context of your course.
- Theory: Constructivist Theory – Jerome Bruner
- Be sure to cite textbooks or articles from peer-reviewed journals to support your choice.
- References 3-5 peer reviewed within last 5 years. Text books must be current edition.
- Identify and discuss potential diversity in the group that you anticipate teaching. (Diversity can include multiculturalism, age, gender, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, Limited English Proficiency (LEP), or other cultural barriers that you feel could impact your learning environment.)
- Use current research to describe how you will address these issues in your learning environment.
- Describe how you will manage conflict in the classroom that may arise from the anticipated diversity among learners.