Kansas City Preventive Patrol Experiment
There have been numerous studies conducted to measure the effect in which police patrol methods have on crime prevention and intervention. One of the most well-known studies is the Kansas City Prevention Patrol Experiment.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Summarize the main purpose and the result of Kansas City Preventive Patrol Experiment.
- Compare and contrast the fundamental similarities and differences of the police presence and random patrol as regard to the tactics of crime prevention.
- Differentiate between reactive beats and concentrated presence as they relate to adjoining proactive beats. Support your response.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources as references, such as journal articles, newspapers, magazines, and publications from law enforcement associations. Note: Wikipedia, blogs, and similar websites do not qualify as quality academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.