Theory of Practice Types of Knowledge
In this assignment you will formulate your theoretical perspective of research and research methodology. The texts provide a solid base for you to formulate your perspective.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following EPAs and practice behaviors:
C4: Engage In Practice-informed Research and Research-informed Practice
- C4.GP.A Use practice experience and theory to inform scientific inquiry and research.
- C4.GP.B Apply critical thinking to engage in analysis of quantitative and qualitative research methods and research findings.
How do you know what you know? Knowledge is gleaned through a variety of sources and observations. Knowledge can be gained from scientific research and the logical application of theory exploration and inquiry.
For this assignment, you will analyze an intervention or work you have done with a client or community group. As you consider this intervention, consider how you know what you know. What theoretical perspective do you employ in your work? Where does that theoretical perspective come from and how do you justify its use in your work? You will connect your own reflection with citations from the literature in the field on the theory or intervention strategy you have selected.
For this assignment, be sure to:
- Describe a practice intervention or work you have done with a client or community group.
- Explain the theoretical perspective from which you understand and apply knowledge as it relates to your own social work practice.
- Explain the process of discovering evidence which can inform your practice.
- Include five peer reviewed sources of literature which support your theoretical perspective.
The assignment you submit is expected to meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Length of paper: Minimum of three double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.