MA in Bioethics
Faculty of Theology
We would like to draw attention to the following information re your dissertation:
- Students are to submit an individual dissertation of approximately 25,000 words.
- Work on the dissertation shall be undertaken during the third semester of the Course. Each student must choose a supervisor who shall provide guidance and advice on a regular basis during the period of study.
- A provisional title for the dissertation and a detailed research proposal shall be submitted to the Board for approval by 28th February 2017. A template to help you is provided with this letter.
- Students are required to have regular contact with their supervisor.
- Supervisors shall submit to the Board progress reports for each student under their supervision at the end of each semester of studies, whether the student is following the course on a full-time or a part-time basis. Such reports may include recommendations to either
- extend the period of study in order to enable the student to complete the dissertation; or
- terminate studies prematurely if the supervisor deems this to be proper in the circumstances, provided that:
- the extension of the study period referred to in (a) shall be in accordance with the provisions of the Principal Regulations; and
- the Board may not terminate studies prematurely according to (b) until it has first given the student a chance to be heard.
Students should respect the deadline for the submission of their thesis proposal and are expected to finish their dissertation at the end of their third year.