Chaparral Regional Hospital is a small, urban hospital of approximately 60 beds
Course Scenario #2
Chaparral Regional Hospital is a small, urban hospital of approximately 60 beds, and offers the following:
- Emergency room services
- Intensive care
- Surgical care
- Diagnostic services
- Some rehabilitation therapies
- Inpatient pharmacy services
- Geriatric services
- Consumer physician referral services
Recently, the CEO has been hearing complaints from both patients and staff, varying from long wait times to rude physicians. You have been hired to design and implement a Quality Improvement Plan to help uncover quality problems and to satisfactorily resolve them.
The CEO has met with you to let you know that some members of the Board of Directors are questioning the value of developing a quality improvement plan. She has asked you to create an executive summary and an information sheet to be included in the next Board packet.
Topics for the executive summary should include:
- What is a Quality Improvement plan?
- Why do healthcare facilities create improvement plans?
- Why would you recommend the facility create and implement a QI plan?
NOTE – APA formatting for the reference list, and proper grammar, punctuation, and form required.
After completing the Executive Summary, you will create a one-page information sheet for the Board that they can use to answer questions about QI plans.
- The information sheet should give your CEO and the Board of Directors enough information to have an educated conversation with patients and other stakeholders on the value of QI plans.
- Make sure to use audience-specific language and tone on your information sheet. Remember, you are writing this information sheet for your CEO and the Board of Directors.
- Be creative, and make your information sheet fun and organized.