Your company is based in the United States with no current global footprint
For this assignment, you will be writing about a fictitious company you create that offers a product or service of your choice. The following facts about the company provide the framework for this assignment.
- Your company is based in the United States with no current global footprint.
- Having gained approval from the board of directors, your company is preparing to merge with another company that provides a similar product. The purpose of the merger is to expand your company’s reach and create a global presence. When the merger is complete, your company will operate under a new organizational name and open a facility overseas in a country of your choice.
- As the vice president for human resources, you report to the chief executive officer (CEO) who has asked you for guidance on making the merger successful.
- This building of the merger project will continue throughout the course, culminating in a final PowerPoint presentation briefing in Unit VII to the CEO just prior to the overseas facility opening.
Write a minimum of two pages in an APA-formatted paper using at least two peer-reviewed research articles from the CSU Online Library and the textbook as supporting documentation, addressing the following topics.
- Explain the major differences between domestic human resource management (HRM) and international HRM.
- Explain some cultural concerns that the organization will need to consider when developing the business plan. Some key cultural points to address would be the host country culture and norms that will affect the employees and leadership.
- Develop a mission statement to cover the main goals and mission of the organization in order to function effectively in the overseas location with short-term goals.
Explain the spread and growth of internationalization, and how this affects your fictitious company