Bill of Lading in International Business Transactions.
Assessment Instrument Cover Sheet
Course Title: International Business Transactions
Assessment Instrument: Essay
This instrument assesses the following Course Learning Outcomes (CLO):
|Tick||Course Learning Outcomes (CLO)*||Marks|
|1.||Distinguish the divergent legal systems that will be encountered in the practice of international business and international business law||15|
|2.||Analyze the facts of a case and recommend appropriate legal and policy corrective actions||15|
Assignment II: Essay
“A negotiable instrument is a signed writing, containing an unconditional promise or order to pay a fixed sum of money, to order or to bearer, on demand or at a definite time.” Schaffer, Agusti & Dhooge P. 179
Similarly, according to Articles 478 & 480 of United Arab Emirates Commercial Code:
- “Commercial papers are instruments written according to forms determined by the law, representing a right having for object specific sum of money payable on mere sight, or after a definite or determinable time, negotiable through the commercial means and which the custom generally recognizes as a payment instrument instead of money.”
- “The bill of exchange (draft) is a commercial paper by which a person (the drawer) draws an order for the payment of a specific sum of money from another person (the drawee), at mere sight or at a definite or determinable future time.”
In the light of the above, using decided or hypothetical cases:
- Provide a comprehensive legal analysis of the principles governing bill of lading in international business transactions.
- Differentiate the divergent legal systems that will be encountered in the chain of bill of lading.
- Provide relevant law and policy recommendations in terms of choices available to parties in the chain of bill of lading.
- Your assignment must be thorough, include analysis and must reflect your understanding of the subject.
- Feel free to be innovative in structuring your essay.
- The word limit for this essay is 5000 words.
Choose Times New Roman as a font type for your assignment. Use a font size which is at least 12 pt, and line spacing of at least 1.5.
The referencing style that should be followed is Oscola. Further, you have to footnote every reference – you used – at the bottom of every page and include a bibliography list