ECRI Executive Brief: Top 10 Health Technology Hazards
White Paper Introduction Instructions
For this assignment, you will create the first part of your patient safety white paper, by selecting a patient safety topic and writing the introduction. The purpose of the introduction is to establish what your topic is, generate interest in it, and provide necessary background information regarding the topic along with a preview of the rest of the paper.
Follow the steps below to complete this assignment.
- Select a patient safety topic from the ECRI Executive Brief: Top 10 Health Technology Hazards. (https://s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/learn-us-east-1-prod-fleet01-xythos/5c2103143e6a3/1323401?response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename%2A%3DUTF-8%27%27M1_Tech_Hazards_2017.pdf&response-content-type=application%2Fpdf&X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Date=20190131T031826Z&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Expires=21600&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAIBGJ7RCS23L3LEJQ%2F20190131%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Signature=66cd67ed75c62b8153e86d5e80a2defc302baa6ffbf7552f34f3be1371ae4495)
- Write the “Introduction” section of your white paper. Your introduction should:
- Establish the context of the patient safety issue:
- Provide general information about the patient safety issue.
- Summarize the present order of things and why it is a problem.
- Explain the issue so the reader can make sense of the topic.
- Describe the implications of the issue.
- Discuss why it is important to explore the topic.
- Preview the rest of the paper:
- State the purpose of the paper.
- Tell the reader what to expect with the rest of the paper.
The introduction must be one to two pages in length with a separate page for references, which may include textbooks, published articles, and websites.
As patient safety topics are continually evolving, references should be peer-reviewed and current (i.e. within the last 5 years), unless they are considered classic references. The introduction and reference page must be formatted according to APA requirements.
Refer to the following resources to help you with the assignment: