Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV)
Format and Length:
- This is a Program Evaluation Paper for (Joint Light Tactical Vehicle- JLTV).
- This is paper included (abstract, introduction, conclusion) with clear thesis.
- Endnotes are required; however, a bibliography is not.
- use the writing conventions The University of Chicago Manual of Style. It will be written in a narrative style; that is, sentence outlines or bullets are not acceptable.
- paper will be10-12 pages, double spaced.
- The title page and endnotes do not count against the page limitations.
- Graphics, charts or illustrations will not count against your paper’s page limits.
|Strengths and weaknesses of program clearly identified, defined and scoped? (JLO 2c, 2d, 2e)|
|Analysis of the program’s evolution/adaption in response to the environment (including the three decision support systems)? (JLO 2c, 2d, 2e)|
|Analysis of the program’s evolution/adaption in response to each of the three vertices in the Iron Triangle? (JLO 2c, 2d, 2e)|
|Addressed normative and positive perspectives? (JLO 2c, 2d, 2e)|
|Addressed lessons learned and/or policy implications? (JLO 2c, 2d, 2e)|
|Organized process/framework that appears relevant and comprehensive used to conduct the analysis? (JLO 2c, 2d, 2e)|
|Clear thesis/argument or recommendation; meets the tasking?|
|Paper logically organized; uses heading structure and transitions to guide the reader?|
|Does the argument flow, cover what is pertinent, is logical and appropriately supported, and at the appropriate level?|
|Critical and creative thinking displayed in the analysis?|
|Discuss counters to the argument advanced?|
|Spelling, grammar, case, active, word choice, tone, etc.|
|Effectively uses visual aids and appendixes?|
|References where appropriate, from credible sources, and in the correct style?|
|Turned in on time within the page limit constraint?|
Use the following readings associated with the Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) program as the basis for your analysis.
Defense, LLC. JLTV Website.
- Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV): Background and Issues for Congress [CRS report] (Aug 28, 2008).
- Joint light tactical vehicle (JLTV) technology development (TD) phase vehicles delivered on schedule, competitive prototyping proves fruitful. John, Ashley, Army AL & T, 31-33. (2010)
- Senate Panel Cuts F-35, JLTV In $26 Billion Hit To DoD Plan. Rutherford, E Defense Daily, (2011)
- New Requirements, Lower Cost Breathe New Life Into JLTV. Beidel, E National Defense, 35- 38. (2012)
- Long Road Remains for JLTV Despite Technology’s Maturity. Magnuson, S. (cover story). National Defense, 28-31. (2013)
- Promoting Effective Competition in the Joint Light Tactical Vehicle Program. Mills, Stephen J., Defense AT&L. (Jan/Feb 2014)
- JLTV Selected Acquisition Report (SAR) (April 2018)
- Analyst: LRS-B, JLTV Could Shape Industry With 2015 Decisions. Bruno, M Aerospace Daily & Defense Report, (2014)
- Sydney J. Freedberg Jr. Lockheed Drops JLTV Suit; DOT&E Knocks Reliability. Breaking Defense. (February 18, 2016).
- Army Testing First JLTV Variants. Sheftick, Gary, U.S. Army News Service (7 Oct 2016)
- Director, Operational Test & Evaluation (DOT&E) Annual Report. FY17 Army Programs. Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) Family of Vehicles (FoV).
- Department of Defense, Inspector General (DoDIG) Report 2018-113. Army and Marine Corps Joint Light Tactical Vehicle. (May 2, 2018)
- Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV): Background and Issues for Congress [latest CRS report] (September 18, 2018)
- Oshkosh Defense, LLC; U.S. Army Places $1.69 Billion Order for 6,107 Joint Light Tactical Vehicles (November 28, 2018).